Friday Night Death
Friday Night Death is a live improvisation (music and visuals) that streams every Friday at 11.00pm AEST
Live IMPROVISED Music PERFORMED by Konk Zooben
- Gufukra (aka GUF) which consists of custom built performance trigger devices (Babbleboxes), floor bass, electronic drum loop devices, analogue and digital noise/tempo manipulation gadgets, and bits and pieces hanging from or screwed to a folded aluminium ladder.
- Guest Artists (live appearances and remote sound contributions)
The visuals are live generated and streamed in real time during the show by a series of devices, cameras, shell scripts and free software collectively referred to as the Video Unzymotic Generator (VUG). All programming, engineering and live tech by Konk Zooben.
Images sources include:
- Digital, analogue and pinhole cameras.
- Mobile phone photos.
- Contributed art and photos.
- Images from the public domain and CC0 sources.
- Many background “textures” prior to 2021 were sourced from @noisemakerbot
Musique concrète sources(TRIGGERED BY BABBLEBOX)
- A selection of live triggered sounds sourced from freesoundproject.org
A list of files that might have been used:
- Location recordings.
- Live emergency radio feeds.
Voice samples (triggered by babblebox)
- Public domain and CC0 recordings
Extra special samples and sonic fictions by Loopy C (triggered by babblebox C)
Music by Loopy C (the tracks often unceremoniously chopped and mutilated) is mashed up live in over 60 episodes particularly in 2018, most of 2019 and again more recently from September 2021. Literally thousands of different Loopy C sonic sections are rotated in and out of a Babblebox for live mashing. A second stereo box, Babblebox C, was eventually purpose built. Loopy C lives in the mountain desert in California. Loopy C soundcloud page.
Guest artists who have APPEARED live on FND include:
PLAY ALONG (DUB PLATE) EPISODES
A play along episode in this context is where a supplied audio track has been been used in its entirety. Loopy C sometimes refers to these types of recordings as “dub plates”. Night Of Radiance is a 21 minute unadulterated piece by Loopy C that was used in full with only live saxophone added.
Friday Night Death 173 features bass tracks by Aoki satoru loaded into BabbleBox2.