Friday Night Death
Friday Night Death is live improvised sound and vision.
Live IMPROVISED Music PERFORMED by Konk Zooben
- Gufukra (GUF) which consists of custom built performance trigger devices (including two custom built “Babbleboxes”), floor bass, electronic drum devices, analogue and digital noise/tempo manipulation gadgets, and other bits and pieces hanging from or screwed to a folded aluminium ladder.
- Darth Vader Clarinet
- Occasional guest artists (live appearances and sound contributions)
The visuals are live generated and streamed in real time during the show by a series of devices, cameras, shell scripts and open source software affectionately referred to collectively as the Video Unzymotic Generator (VUG). All programming, engineering and live stream tech by Konk Zooben.
- Images from the public domain and CC0 sources.
- Digital, analogue and pinhole cameras.
- Mobile phone photos.
- Contributed art and photos.
- Many background “textures” prior to 2021 were sourced from @noisemakerbot
Musique concrète sources
- A selection of sounds sourced from freesoundproject.org are frequently live triggered.
A list of files that might have been used in any episode can be viewed at:
- Location recordings by Konk Zooben.
- Live emergency radio channels.
Voice samples (triggered by babblebox)
- Public domain and CC0 recordings
ADDITIONAL sonic fictions COURTESY Loopy C (LIVE MASHED)
Music by Loopy C (the tracks often unceremoniously chopped and mutilated) is mashed up live in over 60 episodes particularly in 2018, most of 2019, in September 2021 and in longer form commencing in 2023. Literally thousands of Loopy C sonic sections are rotated in and out of a Babblebox for live mashing. A second stereo Babble Box (Babblebox C) was eventually purpose built. Loopy C lives in the mountain desert in California. Visit the Loopy C soundcloud page.
Guest artists who have APPEARED live on FND include:
PLAY ALONG (DUB PLATE) EPISODES
A play along episode in this context is where a supplied audio track has been been used in its entirety. Night Of Radiance is a 21 minute unadulterated piece by Loopy C that was used in full with only live saxophone added.
Friday Night Death #173 features bass tracks by Aoki satoru loaded into BabbleBox2.