Friday Night Death
Friday Night Death is a live music and video sideshow that streams from Earth every Friday at 11.00pm ADST (midday GMT).
Live IMPROVISED Music PERFORMED by Konk Zooben
- Babbleboxes (custom made sample trigger boxes)
- Gufukra (electronic drums and other analogue and digital noise making crap )
- Concussion and other instruments
All video and visual effects are generated and streamed in real time during the show. Programming by Konk Zooben using scripting languages, imagemagick, and other free software.
Images sources include:
- Digital, analogue and pinhole cameras and mobile phone photos.
- Contributed art and photos.
- Prior to 2021 many images from the public domain and CC0 sources.
- Many background textures prior to 2021 were sourced from @noisemakerbot
Musique concrète sources
- Many recorded sounds sourced from freesoundproject.org are triggered live.
A list of files that might have been used:
- Location recordings.
- Live emergency feeds.
Voice samples (triggered by babblebox)
- Public domain stuff
Extra special samples and sonic fictions by Loopy C (triggered by babblebox)
Music by Loopy C (the samples often unceremoniously chopped and mutilated) features in over 60 episodes particularly in 2018 and most of 2019. Thousands of different Loopy C “sonic fictions” were rotated in and out of the Babblebox usually on a weekly basis. It got to the point where a second “stereo” box “Babblebox C” had to be built. Loopy C lives in the mountain desert in California. Loopy C soundcloud page
Guest artists who have APPEARED live on FND include:
PLAY ALONG (DUB PLATE) EPISODES
A play along episode in this context is where a supplied audio track has been been used in its entirety. Loopy C sometimes refers to these types of recordings as “dub plates”. Night Of Radiance is a 21 minute unadulterated piece by Loopy C that was used in full with only the saxophone added. This type of thing became hugely popular on Earth in 2020 during the Covid19 pandemic where people shared recordings over the internet and played over the top of them.